Lord Mayor's Celebrations 2017
The Lord Mayor's Celebrations are returning to Norwich for three days from Friday 7th July 2017.
There will be three days of celebrations including a street procession on the Saturday, plus entertainers, fireworks, outdoor stages with music, dance and theatre, a funfair, craft and food markets, street fayre, duck races and lots more.
It's all part of the the city's biggest community celebration. Check out the full programme of events below!
Friday 7 July
- Gas Hill Gasp - 7:15pm to 9:15pm
- “Come Yew In” (outdoor show) - 7:30pm
- Cirque Bordello - 8:45pm
Saturday 8 July
- Tiddlybops - 11am to 5pm
- The Lost River - 11am to 5pm
- The Birdstage - 11am to 8pm
- Funfair - 11am to 10pm
- Zip wire - 11am to 10pm
- Feast on the Street - 11am to 11pm
- Lion’s Den Bar - 11am to 10pm
- Maui Waui - 11am to 10pm
- Street performances - Midday to 10pm
- Lord Mayor’s Launch Pad - Midday to 10pm
- Norwich Arts Centre Stage - Midday to 10:20pm
- “Come Yew In” - 1pm
- Water Balloon Toss - 3pm and 8pm
- BBC Introducing - 3pm to 10pm
- Lord Mayor’s 5K Road Race - 4:45pm
- Lord Mayor’s Procession - 5pm (Viewing for people with disabilities is on Castle Meadow opposite Opie Street)
- Time Machine Disco - 7pm and 8:45pm
- Pirate Party - 8:30pm to 10pm
- Fireworks viewing with music - 10:30pm (Viewing for people with disabilities is on the motorbike park in front of City Hall)
Sunday 9 July
- Daybreak disco - 6am to 11am
- Urban Art Fair - 11am to 4pm
- Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre - Midday to 6pm
- Funfair - Midday to 7pm
- Norwich City Concert Band - Midday
- Bishop of Norwich Open Gardens - 1pm to 5pm
- “Come Yew In” - 2:30pm
- Great Yarmouth Brass - 3pm
- The Great Norwich Duck Race - 3pm
There's loads more information on the Norwich City Council website - and we'll see you there!
More from The Beat
The Beat Is Here
Your new radio station has arrived in Brighton, Birmingham, Norwich, Herts, Beds and Bucks! We're gradually rolling the station out across parts of the UK, with new areas being announced all the time! Keep an eye on our social media pages for more information!!
Advertise with The BEAT
Get YOUR message heard by thousands of listeners who are hungry to buy from YOU - friends of their favourite radio station! We won't just talk about you on the air, either.. All advertisers on The Beat get mentions on the timelines of our thousands of social media fans across various platforms!
The Beat provides a comprehensive local travel news service for Beds, Herts and Bucks both on air and here on our website.